2017 summer program update coming soon! Please contact us for more information.
During recent summer programs, Encampers:
- Lived in their Encampment community with youth and adults from many cultures and backgrounds.
- Connected important historical and contemporary issues.
- Explored the relationship between art and politics.
- Developed their leadership potential.
- Visited spectacular natural environments and famous cultural institutions.
- Engaged in service learning activities.
- Met with members of national and local organizations.
- Helped govern their Encampment community.
The 2016 Encampment at Hampshire College, Amherst, Massachusetts, demonstrated the power of the EFC’s unique educational methodology, which integrates a social justice curriculum with an in-depth experience of building community. Read more ...
The 2015 Encampment was a powerful experience where Encampers explored the roots of the civil rights movement and collaborated with non-profit organizations that are currently organizing in the South. Read more »