During recent summer programs, Encampers:
- Lived in their Encampment community with youth and adults from many cultures and backgrounds.
- Connected important historical and contemporary issues.
- Explored the relationship between art and politics.
- Developed their leadership potential.
- Visited spectacular natural environments and famous cultural institutions.
- Engaged in service learning activities.
- Met with members of national and local organizations.
- Helped govern their Encampment community.
The theme at the 2017 Encampment was What Does It Mean to Be an Activist Global Citizen? This theme and related questions were integrated through each week, in each workshop and activity. Read more ...
The 2016 Encampment at Hampshire College, Amherst, Massachusetts, demonstrated the power of the EFC’s unique educational methodology, which integrates a social justice curriculum with an in-depth experience of building community. Read more »
The 2015 Encampment was a powerful experience where Encampers explored the roots of the civil rights movement and collaborated with non-profit organizations that are currently organizing in the South. Read more »