How to Apply to Summer Encampment
You can apply if you:
- Want to make a difference in your community;
- Want to participate in a summer residential program with youth from many backgrounds;
- Are 15 - 18 years old;
- Want to become a part of a national and intergenerational community of social justice activists and leaders from across the country.
How to apply:
Download the application materials.
Complete all pages of the application.
- Ask two adults and one young person in your community, social service organization, or school who know you well to be your references. Add their contact information to the form. They do not need to write a letter of reference. References will be contacted by phone.
- Help us to get to know you! Answer the short essay questions about your interests, the issues you feel passionate about and what you hope to get out of the Encampment experience.
- Send us an example of your creativity to strengthen your application. It can be anything you consider creative (a poem, a story, a musical recording or reading, artwork or photographs are a few ideas).
- If you are applying for financial assistance, complete the Fee Waiver Application.
Submit the Application Packet
Applications are reviewed in the order they are received. Applications are due by March 4, 2017 (email or postmark). Early applications (February 20) are given priority. Apply today!
Scan and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or send it via U.S. mail to:
P. O. Box 1210
Aptos, CA 95001-1210
What happens next:
- A member of the applications committee will speak with you and your parents about the summer program.
- A member of the applications committee will contact your references.
- We will send you detailed information about the summer program when you are accepted.
Contact the EFC office at email@example.com or (831) 515-6775 for more information about applying for the 2017 program.