We need you!
Volunteering is the heart and soul of the Encampment, especially now. We need the efforts of all alumni and supporters at whatever level will work for you.
You don’t have to contribute a lot of time – we’ll find a way to get you involved, a lot or a little!
Here are some ways you can help the Summer Program.
- Share program information with family, friends, colleagues and your community.
- Help with youth recruitment. Tell us about potential youth, and organizations and schools that youth can be recruited from.
- Raise funds to sponsor a youth for this summer’s program. If you’re an Encampment alum, you can do outreach to alums from your Encampment to sponsor a youth.
- Donate items for the Summer Program Wish List:
- Frequent flyer miles for Encampers’ transportation.
- Working laptops, iPads, and other electronic devices.
- New sleeping bags.
- Suggest other national youth programs that the Encampment might collaborate with for future summer programs.
Here are some of the ways you can help build the organization:
- Contact Encampers and staff from your Encampment.
- Tell them about the new Encampment.
- Ask for their up-to-date contact info, to update the Encampment database.
- Ask them for names and contact info for other alums.
- Ask friends and family to donate to the new Encampment. It’s easy to do and any amount will help.
- Help grow the Encampment archive by sending photos, yearbooks, and other memorabilia to the Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries.
- Help the Alumni Outreach Committee find alums.
- Connect with an Encampment regional group in your area. Or contact the Encampment to start a regional group.
- Help publicize the Encampment and build support.
- Interview alumni.
- Assist with organizing this year's Inter-Generational program.
- Provide contacts at foundations that might consider supporting the Encampment or help identify foundations to approach.
If you have other ideas of ways to help us with the new Encampment, just let us know. Whatever works for you will probably work for us!
Contact us to volunteer!
Encampers and staff, White Plains, NY: 1970.